Since 2008, Visual 101 has worked to make their websites ADA compliant. It is important that all people, regardless of their disabilities, are empowered to use all websites. Every year Visual 101 works to improve the usability of the websites powered by them. Below is a partial list of the steps taken by Delta to ensure that all people can use this website. If at any time you find that you are having difficulties using this website please notify us so we can improve your experience and further empower you. Contact us at email@example.com or call toll free at 866-233-9833.
Website Accessibility Steps:
- Font size – Visual 101 makes every effort to ensure text is legible. To change the font size in your Windows browser, hold the control key and press the “+” or “-” keys on your keyboard to increase or decrease font size. To change the font size for Mac, hold the comma key and press “+” or “-” keys on your keyboard to increase or decrease font size.
- Image descriptions and tagging – Visual 101 tags all images with text and/or image descriptions for screen readers.
- Time sensitive user interaction – Forms and other Items requiring user interaction are not time sensitive. Users with visual or hearing impairments will have enough time to provide any needed input requested by Visual 101.
- reCAPTCHA – Visual 101 uses reCAPTCHA to protect its websites from spam, abuse and is ADA compliant. reCAPTCHA keeps automated software from engaging in abusive activities websites while letting your valid users pass through with ease.
- Visual 101 tests websites using https://wave.webaim.org. WAVE is a suite of evaluation tools that helps authors make their web content more accessible to individuals with disabilities. WAVE can identify many accessibility and Web Content Accessibility Guideline (WCAG) errors, but also facilitates human evaluation of web content.